Dropbox has myriads of uses in the general classroom and especially in a telecollborative project or classroom. Uses include:
- general file sharing with other teachers and students (each will receive a URL if he/she does not have a Dropbox account)
- document collaboration all saved in one place
- sharing pictures, documents, and any other file type in one location in order to use for a larger document or project
- similar to hand in/hand out folders but online so that anything students handed in could be viewed by the teacher at home too, not simply at school
- folders/documents of extra resources that students/parents can access at home
- nationwide/worldwide sharing of folders/documents for telecollaborative projects
Do not forget to back up your files before the computer switch begins at your school! Enjoy Dropbox!